Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I just realized something...

I let the cats out today and I decided to spend the last couple hours of daylight siting in the shade outside, reading. I stopped for a second and looked up from my book when I had made a connection.
This thing
She had made a comment on "The Cat's Day Out" about leaving me a gift. Did she mean this thing? Is she saying that she left this around there for me to find? And now I remember, it wasn't just laying around. It was at the bottom of my stairs. Just sitting there perfectly placed where I couldn't miss it. Does Mother know where I live? That's assuming that she actually left this and isn't messing with me. She also said that she hopes it "keeps me safe". Safe from what? Clearly its not from sickness.
Then I thought about my apartment being all messed up. I looked at the photo I took and found two things that don't belong there.
Why would I have this collection of weird name scribbles? I didn't write that.

This second one unnerved me. I started feeling really uneasy as I looked at this. Again I don't remember drawing that. But it looks like the same size and shape as the name one. I don't have any notebooks with that size of paper. My paranoid thoughts are coming back. And they're telling me that someone was in my house without my knowing. But not only that. They we're here, left a mess, and then locked up anyway. Does someone other than me have a key to my apartment? Or worse yet. Did my neighbor give someone the key while I was gone? Did they make a copy? Have they been back since then? I've been so drugged up lately....

I called the police, more than a little freaked out by this. They told me that since nothing really conclusive has happened (ie: no one getting hurt) that they can't do much.
Maybe I'm overreacting. But this is really creeping me out. I called the landlord and left a message with him. I'm going to be taking the necessary precautions to keep myself safe at night. Although I'm not sure how I'm going to get any sleep now. I don't care how much pain I'm in those pills are going in the toilet. I hate them anyway.
I almost threw that worry doll from my deck a few minutes ago. For now I'm just putting it in my jewelry box. Hidden away so I can't see it. I might need it to show the police if anything else happens.
I'm sorry if this scares anyone, but I had to write it down. Mom, I'm okay, I have all kinds of nasty trinkets that I could defend myself with if I need to. Please don't worry too much. I'll call you tomorrow morning.
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment